Why Do You Need One?
If you started your own business, it’s likely that you’re passionate about running it and concentrating on the tasks you love doing. But if you’re like most business owners, you’re not so interested in recording all the details of every financial transaction.
For example, imagine you’re a hair salon business owner. You might have:
• a simple business model
• a high transaction rate with lots of customers
• many sales a day – perhaps dozens or more
• supplier invoices for hair products
• sales recorded through cash registers or other POS (point of sale) systems
• staff wages to record and pay.
That’s a lot of information to track and record. And bookkeeping might not be something you enjoy or have time to understand.
Without proper bookkeeping, it would be easy for transactions to go unrecorded, left to pile up until the end of a financial period. Mistakes could be made and important details could be lost or forgotten.
That’s where bookkeepers come in. They can lighten the load on the business. They can take away the day-to-day recording of receipts, invoices and other transactions.